The excitement that comes with building a new home can also mean surprises that eat your time and money. How to bypass those surprises and protect yourself? Work with a realtor from start to finish.
· Builder sales people represent the builder; a realtor represents you, the buyer, and will protect your interests as specified in the buyer agreement.
· Your realtor will help you navigate the increasingly complex waters of today’s home-buying process.
· The realtor has fiduciary responsibility to the buyer and is obligated by contract to protect your financial interests.
· Some realtors like myself are Certified Negotiation Experts who work on your behalf to negotiate the terms of your contract, including upgrade options, financing and closing costs.
· Signing a contract with the builder is just the beginning; there’s also financing, dealings with the title company and multiple inspections.
If you decide to get involved from the ground up, call me first. I know the questions to ask your builder and the upgrades that are worth your investment. I‘ll track deadlines, advocate for you during inspections and help you find a reputable lender. Most importantly, I’ll protect your financial interests.
Call 303-898-4572 or email me today if you’re contemplating new home construction in Solterra. I’m here to advocate on your behalf, from start to finish.
Solterra neighborhood in west Lakewood